Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starting personal blanket

I started this blanket, my friend likes pink and brown, so I am doing my best in matching the right shades.
this pink as I am starting, reminds me of a strawberry milkshake.

I am crocheting with a larger than necessary hook so it's fluffy and soft. 







I was joking one day when I said I was crocheting to get it out of the way, so when I am a little old lady I can say I already did that. 

Today, I just had a call that made me a little sad, but made me see how much we have to be grateful for.

A nurse called this patient who wasn't home.  His wife answered, she sounded like such a  sweet lady.  She tried answering the nurse's questions about her husband's health as best she could, but she kept saying her husband doesn't talk, so she has no way to know how exactly he feels.

At the end of the call she said:
"Yes, I have another question or concern...
I have been in this marriage with my husband for 50 years.
He doesn't allow anyone  to get close to him,  he doesn't talk, at all. 
He is just there all day. We are all alone here, and it's like I am
living with a piece of furniture.".

She didn't say it as if he was a nuisance, you could hear the softness and love in her voice.   "Sometimes I pray, 'God help me!'  I get so desperate.  I would like him to get psychological counseling, seems to have a lot of trauma, I want to get him some help.".

I feel it for this lady, she obviously loves him so much she wants to help him. 
Makes me appreciate what we have.  We take our health and our loved ones for granted. 

50 Years of marriage takes dedication and a lot of love.  Love is so amazing, isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment